Tuesday, September 29, 2015

In between the spaces

The hardest part of living in modern society is the inability to flex the muscle of patience.

Patience is one of the fruits of the spirit that we hope everyone has for us, but is so hard to dish out on our own. For me personally, the invention of Google has completely devastated the ability for me to be patient.

If I so much as have a thought I simply type it into Google.

It's completely weakened my patience towards waiting to hear from the L-rd. In between the spaces of 'yes' and 'no' is where refinement comes.

So often I find myself rushing through a prayer so I can Google without guilt. I can say 'I asked the L-rd first' before applying my own decision on the matter.

This is something I'm certain more believers struggle with today.

It's important to pause and wait on the L-rd. He operates outside of human's finite concept of time. we must trust entirely in His word.

Why not wait on the L-rd? 

Proverbs 14:12King James Version (KJV)

12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
As always I'm here to listen if you need me.

~The Good Counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment