Monday, September 28, 2015

An administrative note...

To me the Bible is the inspired word of G-d.

The will of G-d is his word.

I don't expect people or the world to understand it. Therefore, I have to obey the word of G-d in regards to the place of women and men. I am a woman. I don't counsel unknown men.

I felt led to say this and its important that its respected. Obviously I can't control who reads my blog, but I want it known that I can only offer my services to women.

Titus 2:3-5 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored.

Now I believe that one of the reasons the church has lost its power is because the older women have forgotten their role.

I remember countless times listening to older women of the church lamenting their roles. I would overhear women complain about their husbands, children, and lack of funds. As a younger woman I took this to heart. I determined to not marry, bear children, and focus on getting rich.

Praise be to G-d, He hadn't let me stay in a worldly mindset!

How interesting that the things I listened to women in church complain about and warn against was the complete opposite of the scripture of Titus 2:3-5?

As always I am here for you.

~The Good Counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment